"We're going to Graceland. Graceland. Memphis, TN. We're going to Graceland."
Today, our objective was quite clear: Make it to Memphis. Brad woke me up at 5:30 AM (which anyone who knows Brad Denton knows that means he did not sleep--there is no WAKING at 5:30 in Brad Denton-land. There is going to bed at 5:30 AM, but there is no waking.), I cleaned like a mad woman (I HATE coming home to a dirty house), and then we woke the kids and then we were off--well, we left our house. Then, we had to return library books, get a Race Track free-fill, grab some Krispy Kreme hot doughnuts, and THEN we were off :-).
Stats on the trip:
Number of drinks spilled--none. We rock.
Number of snacks consumed-- 7 by Logan. He says he "forgot" I said only three snacks. Luckily, there was still popcorn leftover for Emma; otherwise, well, we kill over popcorn in our family.
Number of travel journal entries completed: 2. Both kids created entries without prompting. Logan started his with Stone Mountain in our rear view.
Number of children who threw up: One. Emma. In the Chick-Fil-A parking lot. She made it to the bushes, so "Go, Emma!" Then she consumed chicken minis. I think she is OK. She proclaimed it the "best throw up ever!" And I'd have to agree. One wet-wipe worth of clean up, and we were good to go.
Number of books listened to: One. The BFG was fantastic. Enjoyed by one and all.
Number of states: 4. Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
Number of speeding tickets: zero. Go, Brad!
Number of incidents of traffic: one small slow down.
Amount of barbecue consumed in Memphis: No comment. Central Barbecue was AWESOME! And Brad was going to rub his belly for the picture, but I suggested Logan instead. You can thank me later. Emma was not sure about the place. She is my child, and there were flies in the restaurant--yep. It smelled so good that I quickly got over the flies.

Number of songs Brad sang: Um. . . too many, according to Emma. She wanted to listen to the BFG.
Number of movies watched: none. Ah-mazing! We all enjoyed the BFG so much that that is all we did.
Number of sights seen: One (or two if you count the Mississippi rest area we stopped at that was FANTASTIC!). Elvis's home in Tupelo.
A successful first day. A good book. Good food. Good music. Great company. Now we sleep and do it all again (but a little different) tomorrow.
Today, our objective was quite clear: Make it to Memphis. Brad woke me up at 5:30 AM (which anyone who knows Brad Denton knows that means he did not sleep--there is no WAKING at 5:30 in Brad Denton-land. There is going to bed at 5:30 AM, but there is no waking.), I cleaned like a mad woman (I HATE coming home to a dirty house), and then we woke the kids and then we were off--well, we left our house. Then, we had to return library books, get a Race Track free-fill, grab some Krispy Kreme hot doughnuts, and THEN we were off :-).
Stats on the trip:
Number of drinks spilled--none. We rock.
Number of snacks consumed-- 7 by Logan. He says he "forgot" I said only three snacks. Luckily, there was still popcorn leftover for Emma; otherwise, well, we kill over popcorn in our family.
Number of travel journal entries completed: 2. Both kids created entries without prompting. Logan started his with Stone Mountain in our rear view.
Number of children who threw up: One. Emma. In the Chick-Fil-A parking lot. She made it to the bushes, so "Go, Emma!" Then she consumed chicken minis. I think she is OK. She proclaimed it the "best throw up ever!" And I'd have to agree. One wet-wipe worth of clean up, and we were good to go.
Number of books listened to: One. The BFG was fantastic. Enjoyed by one and all.
Number of states: 4. Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
Number of speeding tickets: zero. Go, Brad!
Number of incidents of traffic: one small slow down.
Amount of barbecue consumed in Memphis: No comment. Central Barbecue was AWESOME! And Brad was going to rub his belly for the picture, but I suggested Logan instead. You can thank me later. Emma was not sure about the place. She is my child, and there were flies in the restaurant--yep. It smelled so good that I quickly got over the flies.

Number of songs Brad sang: Um. . . too many, according to Emma. She wanted to listen to the BFG.
Number of movies watched: none. Ah-mazing! We all enjoyed the BFG so much that that is all we did.
Number of sights seen: One (or two if you count the Mississippi rest area we stopped at that was FANTASTIC!). Elvis's home in Tupelo.
![]() |
| A car similar to the car that Elvis might have driven once or twice or he may have driven this one to Memphis (at least that is what the sign might have said) |
![]() |
| First experience with an outhouse. Logan would not go near it. |
![]() |
| The church Elvis worshiped with as a child |
![]() |
| Elvis's home |
A successful first day. A good book. Good food. Good music. Great company. Now we sleep and do it all again (but a little different) tomorrow.








Comments
Post a Comment