Skip to main content

GCRT Day 6: SEDONA!

Today was a truly amazing day.  It was relaxed, but we still were able to see gorgeous sights, and everyone got to do something today that they wanted to do.  I think I am almost forgiven for our super long day yesterday (almost), and Logan was able to capture at least six Pokemon today, so I think today was a win for him. 

We started by lounging around our room (and doing some laundry), and then we left for the Red Rock Scenic Highway.   The scenery at Red Rock Canyon was breathtaking.  We arrived in Sedona after sunset last night, so we did not know what the area looked like.  And then we pulled out of the parking lot of our hotel this morning, and we were amazed.  We were surrounded by enormous red rock mountains.   The drive on the Red Rock Scenic Highway was breathtaking.

After the highway, we lunched at Canyon Breeze, which had a fantastic view of the canyon (and a great hamburger).   Brad and I enjoyed the scenery, and the kids enjoyed making different concoctions for us to try using the freestyle Coke machine :-).


View from the restaurant
View from the restaurant
View from the restaurant
View from the restaurant
View from the restaurant
View from the restaurant
Next,  we went to the Cathedral of the Holy Cross--wowzers!  Beautiful.  Again, I am loving the combination of man-made and God-made. Creation is just so compelling.








Madonna and child

After the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, we headed back to the hotel to swim and hot tub (the kids favorite part--and I have to admit, it was fun), and then, we set out to find what everyone wanted for supper--Subway for Em, McDonalds for Brad and Logan, and cold pizza leftover from last night for me (mine was easy to find :-)).  The wonderful part of our quest was that we were able to sight see along the way.  We watched the sunset outside of McDonalds and marveled that even McDonalds is gorgeous in Sedona.  




Favorite parts of today:
Logan's--  swimming in the pool
Emma's--swimming and Canyon Breeze
Brad's--  Everything surrounding Sedona was beautiful
Jami's-- Cathedral of the Cross and just having time to enjoy everything we were seeing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mic Set Down Gingerly and with High Anxiety so as Not to Break the Mic or Offend Others 1--Jami Uses Parentheses

Top "A Country Boy Can Survive?" Who can top Waylon? Or wait? Hank?  Or is it Paul McCartney? If you are with me and I am with this blog thing long enough, you will find that song lyrics or attributing them to the right people are not my strong suit (actually details are not my strong suit: names, dates, times, etc.) So it was really unfair for Brad to remember something from high school because I remember NOTHING from high school.  And not because I dropped acid.  Anyone who knows me knows that I did not inhale, imbibe, or get into anything except for MY incredibly baggy pants and Keds :-).  I think--cause, you know, I can't remember. I do remember vaguely that our class motto was "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail," which was attributed on Brainy Quote to Ralph Waldo Emerson (cause I had to look it up), but I don't think we attributed it to him.  Sorry, Ralph (we are on a first name basis because I...

I'm Finished Painting (for now). I Guess I'll Write?

What I've learned throughout the pandemic.  A note for the future Jami who will forget and maybe you. 1.  A lesson I already knew:  Students thrive on positive feedback; especially when they can't see your face.  Remember this future Jami--You created "Digitally Jolly Ranchers" and projected good student work daily.  Do this next year.  Students are exposed to good work daily, and it honors those who are listening, learning, and applying what they have learned.  Future Jami, you also may want to figure out how to create some type of digital bulletin board. 2.  I like being home.  Big time.  It's my favorite place in the world.  I also like making my home comfortable and beautiful.  Don't forget that, Future Jami.  You like projects.  Do them.  Don't drag your feet.  You might like projects better than (or at least equal to) naps. 3.  Jami, you are more productive at night.  It's your natural ...

Logan

I wish I remembered the morning of the day Logan was born, but I was so incredibly tired that everything about that year is a blur.  I'm guessing that Brad and I rode together to school.  Maybe I was too pregnant to touch the pedals :-). I do remember, though, when I first felt the labor pains, and I thought, "I'm not ready!"  My sub plans weren't perfect (Cindy Coker probably laughed uproariously at my plans.  I wrote things like, "say, 'What do you think the theme of this book is?' and then walk to the right side of the classroom and point to the theme poster."  Like Cindy couldn't figure anything out for herself.  Like she is not amazing.) When Logan came into this world.  .  . well, he just came.  Labor and delivery was rather uneventful.  Brad sat in a chair, the nurse was very helpful (actually, she was the amazing part of the experience), and we had a baby at 11:23 PM Thursday, February 26. What was otherworldly was my exha...