Mic Set Down Gingerly and with High Anxiety so as Not to Break the Mic or Offend Others 1--Jami Uses Parentheses
Top "A Country Boy Can Survive?" Who can top Waylon? Or wait? Hank? Or is it Paul McCartney?
If you are with me and I am with this blog thing long enough, you will find that song lyrics or attributing them to the right people are not my strong suit (actually details are not my strong suit: names, dates, times, etc.)
So it was really unfair for Brad to remember something from high school because I remember NOTHING from high school. And not because I dropped acid. Anyone who knows me knows that I did not inhale, imbibe, or get into anything except for MY incredibly baggy pants and Keds :-). I think--cause, you know, I can't remember.
I do remember vaguely that our class motto was "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail," which was attributed on Brainy Quote to Ralph Waldo Emerson (cause I had to look it up), but I don't think we attributed it to him. Sorry, Ralph (we are on a first name basis because I did my research paper on his buddy Thoreau--hey, I do remember some things from high school! It is probably that fish oil I have been taking all week).
I think we also bandied about some song lyrics, but since I went to a small, conservative Christian school, I think we were leaning towards, "A Friend's a Friend Forever If the Lord's the Lord of Them." But maybe that was for class song. Or maybe it was "Each Day I'll Do a Golden Deed by Helping Those Who are in Need," or "Anywhere with Jesus I Can Safely Go." (Aside: this site will help you correctly capitalize titles titlecapitalization.com/#. I can never remember how to do that.)
My advice for a class quote? Make it memorable for the right reasons. I remember our class quote or motto or song kind of because I liked it, it made sense to me, and we had a good discussion about it. We wanted something meaningful--not cute, not quirky. There is time for cute and quirky, and I LOVE QUIRKY more than anything. . . most of the time. But sometimes sentimental is what is right.
So, Bradley Scott, I don't know if I topped you or not, but I sure used more parentheses AND I had a hyperlink--booya!
If you are with me and I am with this blog thing long enough, you will find that song lyrics or attributing them to the right people are not my strong suit (actually details are not my strong suit: names, dates, times, etc.)
So it was really unfair for Brad to remember something from high school because I remember NOTHING from high school. And not because I dropped acid. Anyone who knows me knows that I did not inhale, imbibe, or get into anything except for MY incredibly baggy pants and Keds :-). I think--cause, you know, I can't remember.
I do remember vaguely that our class motto was "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail," which was attributed on Brainy Quote to Ralph Waldo Emerson (cause I had to look it up), but I don't think we attributed it to him. Sorry, Ralph (we are on a first name basis because I did my research paper on his buddy Thoreau--hey, I do remember some things from high school! It is probably that fish oil I have been taking all week).
I think we also bandied about some song lyrics, but since I went to a small, conservative Christian school, I think we were leaning towards, "A Friend's a Friend Forever If the Lord's the Lord of Them." But maybe that was for class song. Or maybe it was "Each Day I'll Do a Golden Deed by Helping Those Who are in Need," or "Anywhere with Jesus I Can Safely Go." (Aside: this site will help you correctly capitalize titles titlecapitalization.com/#. I can never remember how to do that.)
My advice for a class quote? Make it memorable for the right reasons. I remember our class quote or motto or song kind of because I liked it, it made sense to me, and we had a good discussion about it. We wanted something meaningful--not cute, not quirky. There is time for cute and quirky, and I LOVE QUIRKY more than anything. . . most of the time. But sometimes sentimental is what is right.
So, Bradley Scott, I don't know if I topped you or not, but I sure used more parentheses AND I had a hyperlink--booya!
Comments
Post a Comment