On day 12 we drove until 2 AM (don't tell my mother) and then crashed at a LaQuinta that allowed pets (did I mention Brad is horrifically allergic to dogs and cats--so much so that he has to carry an epi-pen). I, of course, did not know they allowed pets until Brad woke up with the allergy puff, and we saw all the pets at breakfast. He accused me of trying to kill him, but at 2 AM I wasn't really choosy about the hotel. Sorry, honey. You look almost normal now :-).
On day 13 we had one objective: make it to Nashville and people who love us and will hopefully be forgiving of our state.
The highlight of the road trip was FINALLY being in Chick-fil-a country and FINALLY seeing some farmland.
After we drove for what seemed like forever in the rain and in the traffic (more people live in the East, yo), we finally arrive in one of our favorite cities, Nashville. We stopped at Centennial park to meet up with my Michelle and her David (and to load up on the Pokemon stops). We didn't get any pictures because Logan had appropriated my phone to explain everything about Pokemon to David, and I was too tired to silence him and to limit his usage of technology (sorry, David, I promise that I am usually a better mother).
Brad took the kids on to their Aunt Meredith's and Uncle Matt's while I had a much needed night with my Michelle (again, no pictures because we had so much to say. We couldn't pause our chatting to actually record our time together). I don't know how we did it, but we stayed up until 2 AM chatting, and then Michelle drove me at 7AM (what in the world?) to her work so that Brad could pick me up for our journey home.
Brad picked me up (although he may have had second thoughts about it after spending 13 days with me in the passenger seat "helping" him drive), and we went to Matt and Mere's to see their new house and eat lunch (and pick up our children).
After a tearful lunch (I believe both kids cried at some point), we left Matt and Meredith to judge our parenting and to fear their future as parents. Since everyone was puffy and I was exhausted, we have no picture evidence of our visit with Matt and Meredith. Their traumatized faces, however, should be proof enough.
And then after 60+ hours of travel, Atlanta traffic. . . because, well, we needed to end our trip with an argument and anxiety :-).
And now, excuse me, while I do a lot of laundry and sanitize my car :-).
On day 13 we had one objective: make it to Nashville and people who love us and will hopefully be forgiving of our state.
| Unfiltered |
| Filtered, so much better, right????? |
After we drove for what seemed like forever in the rain and in the traffic (more people live in the East, yo), we finally arrive in one of our favorite cities, Nashville. We stopped at Centennial park to meet up with my Michelle and her David (and to load up on the Pokemon stops). We didn't get any pictures because Logan had appropriated my phone to explain everything about Pokemon to David, and I was too tired to silence him and to limit his usage of technology (sorry, David, I promise that I am usually a better mother).
Brad took the kids on to their Aunt Meredith's and Uncle Matt's while I had a much needed night with my Michelle (again, no pictures because we had so much to say. We couldn't pause our chatting to actually record our time together). I don't know how we did it, but we stayed up until 2 AM chatting, and then Michelle drove me at 7AM (what in the world?) to her work so that Brad could pick me up for our journey home.
Brad picked me up (although he may have had second thoughts about it after spending 13 days with me in the passenger seat "helping" him drive), and we went to Matt and Mere's to see their new house and eat lunch (and pick up our children).
After a tearful lunch (I believe both kids cried at some point), we left Matt and Meredith to judge our parenting and to fear their future as parents. Since everyone was puffy and I was exhausted, we have no picture evidence of our visit with Matt and Meredith. Their traumatized faces, however, should be proof enough.
And then after 60+ hours of travel, Atlanta traffic. . . because, well, we needed to end our trip with an argument and anxiety :-).
And now, excuse me, while I do a lot of laundry and sanitize my car :-).
Comments
Post a Comment