1. What was your favorite part of the trip?
Logan: Hummer tour because I got to take pretty cool pictures.
Emma: Slot Canyon. It was pretty.
Brad: I liked the fact that when we went from place everything was differently pretty.
Jami: I liked watching the scenery as we drove. I really like Sedona and would like to spend more time there.
2. What was your least favorite part of the trip?
Logan: When we got to the food restaurants and we did not get to order any food (we did not get any Navajo bread).
Emma: Petrified Forest. There wasn't anything there.
Brad: That's hard. I liked just about everything about everything. But see you can't say that. I liked the way we did. Theoretically, I'd like to spend more time at the places where we went, but we were just seeing the highlights.
Jami: It was all fun. I enjoyed the drive, the scenery, spending lots of time with everyone. The meltdowns were short-lived and understandable.
3. What can you do on a road trip to not lose your mind?
Logan: Buy a DS. Play Talking Tom Gold Rush.
Emma: The license plate game
Brad: Music is important, I think.
Jami: Let go over expectations. Just enjoy everything.
4. What do you think is the coolest looking license plate?
Emma: Hawaii
Logan: Hawaii
Brad:
Jami: New Mexico
5. What were you most surprised by?
Emma: Slot Canyon and Grand Canyon
Logan: The Hawaii license plate. Monopoly National Park (seen at gift shop).
Brad: Everything. that they had ipads at Graceland, that Sedona was beautiful, how noncommercial the Grand Canyon was, how cool Utah is, how in the West we saw the one gas station in Arizona, Utah, and Colorado--we have so many more gas stations.
Jami: I was surprised out how easy the trip went and how open the West is. We could go hundreds of miles without seeing a soul.
6. What do you wish had done?
Logan: Bought Monopoly National Park
Emma: Well, I sorta wanted to see Antelope Canyon.
Brad: Gone to Wyoming. Spent more time in New Mexico.
Jami: Spent more time in New Mexico and Sedona.
7. How many snacks did you eat?
Logan: I don't remember.
Emma: A thousand.
Brad and Jami: No comment.
8. What was your favorite snack/meal?
Logan: McDonalds. Zax in Moab
Emma: White Cheddar Cheez Its in Colorado
Brad: I liked the El Tovar but it was expensive. I liked Zax; the atmosphere was perfect for what we needed.
Jami: Zax was great because it was perfectly timed.
9. What advice would you give to a family taking a similar road trip?
Brad: I would say, "You have to take things as they are and know that things will not go as you are expecting. Just appreciate everything for what it is."
Jami: Take plenty of snacks and a drinks. Don't plan for more than 5 hours of driving a day on sight seeing days (fewer hours, if you can). Just enjoy every moment and let kids be kids. The kids enjoyed playing with rocks, running, jumping, climbing trees more than the scenery. And pack light and do laundry.
Logan: It is going to be great.
Emma: It's not worth it if you drive 10 hours to go one day. Just saying. It's worth it if you drive at most 3 hours in one day.
Stats
Amount of snacks eaten: 3 bags of chips, 3 bags of ready-made popcorn, 2 snack packs of pretzels, 2 snack packs of Chex Mix, 4 boxes of granola bars, 14 bottles of Instant Breakfast, 14 bottles of chocolate milk, 1 snack pack of trail mix, 4 boxes of can drinks, 1 box of microwave popcorn, 2 boxes of Carpisuns
Number of movies watched: 6
Number of hours played on phones: no comment
Number of audiobooks "read": 3 (BFG, Huckleberry Finn, and James and the Giant Peach)
Number of trips to do laundry: 3
Hours in the car: 60+
Amount of trash: a lot
Times children vomited: 1 (holla!)
Times children cried: 3 or 4
Times adults cried: 1 time when moved by Grand Canyon movie (Brad), 1 time when she thought we were an hour late for Hummer tour (Jami), 1 time when the traffic was so bad in Atlanta and we wanted to get home (Brad)
Number of friend visits: 5
Number of sunburns: 1 at the Grand Canyon--oops!
Number of trips to the pool: 4
How much the McDonalds in Tucyan cost: $35 (what ???)
Number of trips to the bathroom in the dessert: no comment
Things we did not use on the trip: jeans, paper towels, toilet paper, beach towels, crayons, Mad Libs, Road Atlas
Number of different Pokemon caught: 33
Number of Ninja Squirrel episodes produced by Logan: 6
Hours of fun: Countless!
Logan: Hummer tour because I got to take pretty cool pictures.
Emma: Slot Canyon. It was pretty.
Brad: I liked the fact that when we went from place everything was differently pretty.
Jami: I liked watching the scenery as we drove. I really like Sedona and would like to spend more time there.
2. What was your least favorite part of the trip?
Logan: When we got to the food restaurants and we did not get to order any food (we did not get any Navajo bread).
Emma: Petrified Forest. There wasn't anything there.
Brad: That's hard. I liked just about everything about everything. But see you can't say that. I liked the way we did. Theoretically, I'd like to spend more time at the places where we went, but we were just seeing the highlights.
Jami: It was all fun. I enjoyed the drive, the scenery, spending lots of time with everyone. The meltdowns were short-lived and understandable.
3. What can you do on a road trip to not lose your mind?
Logan: Buy a DS. Play Talking Tom Gold Rush.
Emma: The license plate game
Brad: Music is important, I think.
Jami: Let go over expectations. Just enjoy everything.
4. What do you think is the coolest looking license plate?
Emma: Hawaii
Brad:
Jami: New Mexico
5. What were you most surprised by?
Emma: Slot Canyon and Grand Canyon
Logan: The Hawaii license plate. Monopoly National Park (seen at gift shop).
Brad: Everything. that they had ipads at Graceland, that Sedona was beautiful, how noncommercial the Grand Canyon was, how cool Utah is, how in the West we saw the one gas station in Arizona, Utah, and Colorado--we have so many more gas stations.
Jami: I was surprised out how easy the trip went and how open the West is. We could go hundreds of miles without seeing a soul.
6. What do you wish had done?
Logan: Bought Monopoly National Park
Emma: Well, I sorta wanted to see Antelope Canyon.
Brad: Gone to Wyoming. Spent more time in New Mexico.
Jami: Spent more time in New Mexico and Sedona.
7. How many snacks did you eat?
Logan: I don't remember.
Emma: A thousand.
Brad and Jami: No comment.
8. What was your favorite snack/meal?
Logan: McDonalds. Zax in Moab
Emma: White Cheddar Cheez Its in Colorado
Brad: I liked the El Tovar but it was expensive. I liked Zax; the atmosphere was perfect for what we needed.
Jami: Zax was great because it was perfectly timed.
9. What advice would you give to a family taking a similar road trip?
Brad: I would say, "You have to take things as they are and know that things will not go as you are expecting. Just appreciate everything for what it is."
Jami: Take plenty of snacks and a drinks. Don't plan for more than 5 hours of driving a day on sight seeing days (fewer hours, if you can). Just enjoy every moment and let kids be kids. The kids enjoyed playing with rocks, running, jumping, climbing trees more than the scenery. And pack light and do laundry.
Logan: It is going to be great.
Emma: It's not worth it if you drive 10 hours to go one day. Just saying. It's worth it if you drive at most 3 hours in one day.
Stats
Amount of snacks eaten: 3 bags of chips, 3 bags of ready-made popcorn, 2 snack packs of pretzels, 2 snack packs of Chex Mix, 4 boxes of granola bars, 14 bottles of Instant Breakfast, 14 bottles of chocolate milk, 1 snack pack of trail mix, 4 boxes of can drinks, 1 box of microwave popcorn, 2 boxes of Carpisuns
Number of movies watched: 6
Number of hours played on phones: no comment
Number of audiobooks "read": 3 (BFG, Huckleberry Finn, and James and the Giant Peach)
Number of trips to do laundry: 3
Hours in the car: 60+
Amount of trash: a lot
Times children vomited: 1 (holla!)
Times children cried: 3 or 4
Times adults cried: 1 time when moved by Grand Canyon movie (Brad), 1 time when she thought we were an hour late for Hummer tour (Jami), 1 time when the traffic was so bad in Atlanta and we wanted to get home (Brad)
Number of friend visits: 5
Number of sunburns: 1 at the Grand Canyon--oops!
Number of trips to the pool: 4
How much the McDonalds in Tucyan cost: $35 (what ???)
Number of trips to the bathroom in the dessert: no comment
Things we did not use on the trip: jeans, paper towels, toilet paper, beach towels, crayons, Mad Libs, Road Atlas
Number of different Pokemon caught: 33
Number of Ninja Squirrel episodes produced by Logan: 6
Hours of fun: Countless!
Comments
Post a Comment