Skip to main content

Grand Canyon Post 2--Emma and Logan

Hi this is Emma. I am Jami and Brad's daughter. Today my mother (Jami) let me write the blog. My brother, Logan, and I just got back from a wonderful night at Mimi's, our grandmother. That night I practically couldn't sleep because it was so close to departure day. (Many other reasons include the TV was on and Logan was awake and Mimi was snoring.) But Mimi if you are reading this it was Logan. I woke up at 6 am that morning the first one up. I decided that I was going to do something and decided to do some math (I know, right!) and I wrote a small summary of what I think the Grand Canyon trip will be like. I wrote MAIN EVENTS inside a big box I had drawn then I wrote GRAND CANYON, PETRIFIED FOREST, PAINTED DESSERT, and ANTELOPE CANYON inside the box. Then I wrote SNACKS inside anoth
er box and then wrote DORITOS, POPCORN, OREO THINS, WATER, and CAPRI SUNS. Then in the last box I wrote TOURS and then I wrote NATIVE  AMERICAN TOUR and HUMMER TOUR. So that's what I imagine for our Grand Canyon trip.

Questions written by Emma and answered by Logan:

1.  How do you feel about the Grand Canyon trip?
super excited
2  How many hours/days/weeks/months do you think it will take to get to the Grand Canyon and back?
2 hours
3. What are you most excited about? Grand Canyon?  Antelope Canyon?  Painted Dessert?  Petrified Forest?
Grand Canyon
4.  Do you think we will eat all the snacks we have packed?
yes
5.  How long do you think the Grand Canyon is?
really big

Questions written by Mommy and answered by Emma and Logan:

1.  How much trash do you think we will have in our car by the end of the trip?
Logan:  not a lot
Emma:  truckloads full

2.  How many drinks do you think we will spill in Mommy's car?
Logan:  zero
Emma:  Like, I don't know.  5 or 6.  6 or 7.

3.  Are you more excited about getting to watch as many movies as you want in the van OR visiting nation parks?
Logan:  National Parks
Emma:  It's a close draw.  The van is air conditioned, so I think I'll say movies.

4.  How many movies do you think we will watch?
Logan:  one
Emma:   hundreds

5.  What snack are you most excited about?
Emma:  Oreo Thins
Logan:  Popcorn

6.  How early are you willing to get up to enjoy nature?
Logan: I don't know.
Emma:  1 PM

7.  What are you most exited about at the hotel?  Free breakfast?  Swimming?  Sleeping with your parents?  Family snuggle time?
Logan:  Swimming
Emma:  That's very hard.  Breakfast.

8.  How many pictures do you think Mommy will take?
Logan:  I don't know.
Emma:  a million

9.  What animal would you like to see the most?
Logan:  a lion
Emma:  butterfly--but that's not an animal.  I really, really want to see a porcupine.

10.  Who do you think we get more annoyed on the trip, Mommy or Daddy?
Emma: Mommy
Logan: Mommy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mic Set Down Gingerly and with High Anxiety so as Not to Break the Mic or Offend Others 1--Jami Uses Parentheses

Top "A Country Boy Can Survive?" Who can top Waylon? Or wait? Hank?  Or is it Paul McCartney? If you are with me and I am with this blog thing long enough, you will find that song lyrics or attributing them to the right people are not my strong suit (actually details are not my strong suit: names, dates, times, etc.) So it was really unfair for Brad to remember something from high school because I remember NOTHING from high school.  And not because I dropped acid.  Anyone who knows me knows that I did not inhale, imbibe, or get into anything except for MY incredibly baggy pants and Keds :-).  I think--cause, you know, I can't remember. I do remember vaguely that our class motto was "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail," which was attributed on Brainy Quote to Ralph Waldo Emerson (cause I had to look it up), but I don't think we attributed it to him.  Sorry, Ralph (we are on a first name basis because I...

I'm Finished Painting (for now). I Guess I'll Write?

What I've learned throughout the pandemic.  A note for the future Jami who will forget and maybe you. 1.  A lesson I already knew:  Students thrive on positive feedback; especially when they can't see your face.  Remember this future Jami--You created "Digitally Jolly Ranchers" and projected good student work daily.  Do this next year.  Students are exposed to good work daily, and it honors those who are listening, learning, and applying what they have learned.  Future Jami, you also may want to figure out how to create some type of digital bulletin board. 2.  I like being home.  Big time.  It's my favorite place in the world.  I also like making my home comfortable and beautiful.  Don't forget that, Future Jami.  You like projects.  Do them.  Don't drag your feet.  You might like projects better than (or at least equal to) naps. 3.  Jami, you are more productive at night.  It's your natural ...

Logan

I wish I remembered the morning of the day Logan was born, but I was so incredibly tired that everything about that year is a blur.  I'm guessing that Brad and I rode together to school.  Maybe I was too pregnant to touch the pedals :-). I do remember, though, when I first felt the labor pains, and I thought, "I'm not ready!"  My sub plans weren't perfect (Cindy Coker probably laughed uproariously at my plans.  I wrote things like, "say, 'What do you think the theme of this book is?' and then walk to the right side of the classroom and point to the theme poster."  Like Cindy couldn't figure anything out for herself.  Like she is not amazing.) When Logan came into this world.  .  . well, he just came.  Labor and delivery was rather uneventful.  Brad sat in a chair, the nurse was very helpful (actually, she was the amazing part of the experience), and we had a baby at 11:23 PM Thursday, February 26. What was otherworldly was my exha...